Sunday, August 28, 2011

Exercise Log: MB ride

Not much exercise this afternoon, but full of adrenaline and high heart rates. Cam & I went mountain bike riding out near the Jinker Track at Bunya.

I've not had very good experiences MB riding in the past. First time at Indooroopilly I ended up flying over the handle bars and walking home. Six years later when I went MB riding again in Germany Cameron ended up loosing a majority of 3 teeth. Last year when I returned again to the bike for my first (and only to-date) adventure race, I spent 4 hours navigating a course that should have taken about 1 hour to complete!

So in order to ensure a more positive MB experience we kept things simple and short. About 4km ride (Track # 2 - a 1.3km technical ride - probably novice level plus some fire trails). MB riding is definitely not my strong point and I was freaking out through the technical ride and a few steep decents. I've never looked forward to riding up hills so much in my life!

The plan is to increase my confidence in this area so I can enjoy the ride in my second adventure race.

No comments:

Post a Comment