Saturday, September 3, 2011

Retrospect of my week

My week can be summed up as a work overload leading to excessive support of the restaurant industry with the occasional attempt at moving about and labelling it 'exercise'.

Exercise: Monday I joined my fellow 1stTri-ers practising our running skills, Tuesday I jumped in the pool for another confusing set of laps (most of the time trying to figure out what I was meant to do rather than swimming), Friday I made up my own small set of hill sprints & circuits (1/2hr).

Work consisted of late nights Tuesday to Friday and an early morning on Thursday as well. Wednesday morning 7am was a training/networking event as well as Thursday night til 9pm. All day Saturday was marking practice exams. I think Cameron forgot he had a wife around Wednesday night when I wasn't able to come home for a dinner we were having at our place with a friend from Cameron's work. This can be the frustrating part of my job - not knowing if I'll have to work back to meet a deadline until that afternoon.

Menu plan (or should I say - last minute decisions to eat):
Monday: After going to a disappointing house inspection we had takeaway from Avanti (favourite italian restaurant - best gluten free garlic bread)
Tuesday: Reheated leftovers
Wednesday: Wonderful home cooked meal by Cameron - Chicken bocconcini parcels with polenta mash (best rated meal of the week)
Thursday: Networking event at the Marriott - steak with mushrooms and potato for mains with a jaffa cake for dessert.
Friday: Hanaici for sushi

As you can see I never sacrifice good food for working hard. It seems to be the exercise that tapers off more.

Slept in Saturday morning as I was pretty exhausted from the week gone by and the daunting task of marking practice exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment